As a Member of Parliament and someone who lives in Essex, I welcome the announcement from Essex Police of 150 new police officer posts being created to fight and prevent crime in communities across the county. They will be paid for from the increase in the force’s part of council tax which equates to around an additional £12 a year on the average bill.
We will have 53 additional officers added to the policing team, 50 added to the community policing team, 21 officers added to operation Juno, one new additional officer for the cybercrime team and 25 in the operational support group.
We can all agree having visible police in and around our community and access to them is crucial. So I am pleased to announce that Essex officers will be hosting coffee events in Southend to give you the opportunity to talk with them.
Residents from Southend can join officers from the Southend Community Policing Team to ask any questions they have about policing in their community or any other topics. Officers will be available to talk from 10am at the following locations in Southend:
- Thursday, March 29th, Birdwood Bakery, Victoria Shopping Centre
- Monday, April 9th, Clarence yard, 23-29 Clarence Street
- Wednesday, April 18th, McDonald’s 162 High Street
- Friday, May 4th, Debenhams, the Royals Shopping Centre
- Tuesday, May 15th, Lemon Witch Kitchen, Queens Road
- Wednesday, May 23rd, Gleneagles Guest House, 5-6 Clifftown Parade
- Thursday, May 31st, Birdwood Bakery, Victoria Shopping Centre
- Monday, June 11th, Clarence Yard, 23-29 Clarence Street