15th May 2020
Stay alert this weekend
We can all help to control coronavirus if we continue to follow the rules, and stay alert. This means you must:
- Stay at home as much as possible
- Work from home if you can
- Limit contact with other people
- Keep your distance if you go out (at least 2 metres if possible)
- Wash your hands regularly
- Self-isolate if you or anyone in your household has symptoms
For the latest information and advice, please continue to visit gov.uk/coronavirus.
Household Waste Recycling Centres will begin re-opening to the public from Monday (18th May).
Residents are reminded to only visit if they are unable to safely store the items, or are unable to dispose of the waste through alternative options such as bulky waste collections.
Any residents showing symptoms of COVID-19, self-isolating or shielding should not visit any recycling centre under any circumstances.
📢 NEWS: Self-Employment Scheme opens + furlough scheme extended
The Self-Employment Income Support Scheme is now open.
The scheme will allow you to claim a taxable grant of 80% of your average monthly trading profits, paid out in a single instalment covering 3 months, and capped at £7,500 altogether.
To find out if you can claim, click here.
The Chancellor also announced this week that the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme will continue until the end of October. Furloughed workers across the UK will continue to receive 80% of their current salary, up to £2,500.
New flexibility will be introduced from August to get employees back to work and boost the economy.
What can I do that I couldn't do before? Can I meet my friends and family in the park? Can weddings go ahead?
The Government has put together a page which answers key questions to help you adapt to the recent changes. Click here for the coronavirus FAQs page.
- Latest Government advice and support: gov.uk/coronavirus
- Health guidance: nhs.uk/coronavirus
- Local support for businesses and residents in Southend: southend.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Local support for businesses and residents in the Rochford District: rochford.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Southend Coronavirus Action: 01702 212 497
- Essex Welfare Support: 0300 303 9988
- Rochford District Community Response Hub: 01268 779 999
Please continue to stay alert this weekend so we can save lives.
James Duddridge MP
Member of Parliament for Rochford and Southend East