James Duddridge MP is currently recruiting for two positions in his busy Southend-based constituency office:
Chief of Staff (maternity cover)
- Ensure the smooth running of James' Parliamentary & constituency office, including delegating and overseeing the work of colleagues and providing high quality and effective support to the MP for his Parliamentary and constituency work.
- Horizon-scanning, anticipating what advice/action may be required, and proactively identifying and resolving problems.
- Engage professionally, confidentially and with care and integrity with members of the public, organisations in the constituency and constituents through a variety of methods to support his work.
- Have final sign-off on relevant delegated areas, including casework, HR functions, IPSA budgets and office administration.
- Plan James' diary and external stakeholder engagement and provide strategic advice on constituency matters.
- Collating information and keeping James' informed of relevant national, parliamentary and constituency developments.
- Deal with security matters, keep abreast of security guidance, maintain the security system, liaise with external bodies as appropriate
- Conducting research and performing other ad hoc and administrative tasks, including casework.
There may be a requirement to work outside of the normal working hours, including attending events with the MP.
- Dealing with queries from members of the public, including policy issues, taking the appropriate initial action to resolve, document or escalate their concerns or enquiries.
- Attending constituency surgeries and other meetings as appropriate.
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
- Drafting responses to constituents and keeping them updated with case progress.
- Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act.