I am hiring a new Constituency Communications Manager based in Southend.
The main responsibility of the role will include:
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues and is aware of trends
- Attend surgeries, tribunals and meetings as appropriate
- Ensure all cases are logged, monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Gather relevant information to resolve or progress cases
- Liaise with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
- Manager and progress portfolio of casework appropriately
- Management of projects
- Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare press releases as required (on constituency, non-party political matters)
- Provide briefings for the Member
- Research local, regional or national issues to support the Member's work
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents, the media, lobbyists and pressure groups
- Supervise other members of staff
The successful candidate will have the following attributes/abilities:
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to write for a range of different audiences.
- The proven ability to write, edit and proof content for press releases, newsletters and websites.
- Ability to carry out tasks quickly and to a high standard, with a clear and concise writing style with minimum supervision.
- A strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritise a demanding workload, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Political awareness, including the ability to devise campaigns and work alongside a range of stakeholders and colleagues in delivering political change.
- Sympathy with the aims and objectives of the Conservative Party.
If you are interested send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Deadline: 11th February 2019